Some thoughts on the occasion of my 7th birthday:
1. I'll never stop looking (baffled) or acting (crazed) like a puppy.
2. My fur -- um, hair -- is still thick and curly.
3. I can still outrun Mom. (That's not saying much, since she's an old lady.)
4. I don't sleep all the time. (OK, I snore.)
5. I have an iron stomach. I'll eat anything and everything.
6. I know I've put on a little weight, but I've got "good muscle tone," says the vet.
My mom keeps trying to take a picture of me wearing that stupid pink "Birthday Girl" ribbon. But, I'm not having any of it. She tells me the day is "still young," whatever that means.