Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer
MY TRAVELING CRATE

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm in love! (I am?)

"Look, Gracie!" shouted my human mum. "They're here!" a big white van pulled into our driveway and parked.

On these occasions, instinct (not training) kicks in. I bolted out the door and barked and barked and barked.  Two humans and a huge white dog got out of the car.  I didn't give a rat's ass about the humans. (I picked up that expression from my dad.) All I saw and smelled was Bailey. Bailey is a drop-dead gorgeous Old English Sheepdog with huge eyes and a winning smile (only visible right after he's been trimmed).

I first met Bailey a year ago, when Liz started tutoring his human brother, Harrison. At first, we did the usual "sniff-the-tail, etc." routine humans expect of us. Sometimes we "played" (e.g., fought over my bone. Bailey usually won 'cause he's bigger.) But, most of the time we ignore each other, or so the humans surmise. 

Now Liz refers to Bailey as "Gracie's boyfriend."

What's a "boyfriend"?

Grace (confused as usual)

Bailey at home in Alexandria, Virginia

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Jefferson's Guardian said...

A cutesier couple there never could be. ;-)

Grace, are you serious about Bailey, or is it just puppy love?

Grace said...

I don't know if I'm in love. But, he sure smells good!

Jefferson's Guardian said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Grace! Did your mom let you eat any turkey?

P.S. You've been quiet. Cat got your tongue? ;-)